Stand Up! Speak Out! For a Better Canada
Youth Forums Selection Process
Youth participants (aged 14-18) interested in attending the Leadership Forum on Diversity and Inclusion have until April 30th to follow a two-step process:
- – Complete the below Registration Form
- – Complete the submission process that includes uploading a personal bio and answering the question “What are the barriers to and benefits of true diversity and inclusion in your community?” (your answer can be delivered in any format: a written piece, an artwork, a video of a performance)
A registration fee of $300 will be payable by all youth selected. (For anyone for whom this may be a barrier, you may apply for a bursary from Experiences Canada’s special measures fund.)
A team of volunteer judges will assist Experiences Canada in reviewing all submissions over the first two weeks of May. The final selection will be determined based on three factors:
- – The quality of your submission
- – Your personal bio and interest in issues of diversity and inclusion
- – Ensuring a representative balance of Canada’s geographic, cultural, and linguistic diversity
Our goal will be to notify all participants of our decisions by May 17th, 2019.
We thank all that apply for their interest in our program, and wish you good luck with your application!